Thursday 30 September 2010

Three reasons . . .

. . . why I'm pleased as punch with my lastest MAC purchase, a beautiful lipstick by the name of Impassioned!



1/ It is a gorgeous, unique colour that is hard to describe but certainly does not look this neon on. A lot of people seem to see different colours in it and indeed, it can look different in different lights. A lot of people  on Make Up Alley describe it as a bright pink but I find it slightly too coral to be a bright pink. However, I have noticed the more tanned I am, the pinker it seems to look. However, yes, whatever light you view it in, Impassioned would certainly fall within the "bright" bracket. However for me, this is a flattering bright (like Barry M 144) that does not betray me with the patchy effect that usually results from the baby pinks such as Saint Germain, Barry M 100 et al. Impasssioned is no baby pink. It has the vibrancy of Creme de la Femme and Snob on the lip and in fact reminds me of these two faves a lot despite been of a completely different colour. Impassioned is not so pink or purple and maybe not as girly. As Laura said here, it is a combination of brights, fushia, red and coral and it seems to have more of a younger, more modern edge then some of my old favourites.

However, I still want to group Impassioned with Snob and Creme de la Femme. Maybe because I love it so . . !

2/ With Impassioned on your lips, your lips are talking. There is an obvious impact when you apply this lipstick, I feel as if I'm getting my moneys worth when I apply it. It does not fade on to my lips in to nothing. Impassioned leaves a mark and actually seems more flattering on my naturally pale complexion then some conventional nudes such as Gosh Darling. Impassioned seems to lend my look an extra lift or something and as Impassioned talks then less time and make up needs to be used to complete the face. This is a lipstick which you can wake up and apply (as carefully as you can first thing in the morning) and you will instantly look more alive. No other products (well, very few) required! Hmm, liking that!

3/ As an Amplified, I was not sure how long Impassioned would last on my lips but it seems to last at least as long as Patesserie et al. In fact, I would say that even when Impassioned does wear away, it seems to leave a light, tidy, seamless stain on the lips leaving you with pretty lips that bit longer. That whole cherry lipstain look without the cherry colour!

I am still not great with taking the time to apply lipliner but I have been using the Barry M lipliner no 2 with Impassioned and I'm happy with the effect. I also use my fingers to soften the colour a little sometimes and in this pic, there is a little vaseline in the mix.



I looked in to buying Impassioned after seeing Laura's recent post here. I'm sure I was not the only one, that girl should be on commission. Do you like/have Impassioned? What lipsticks are you currently using to brighten these ever darkening autumn days?

X

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is on my wishlist, it looks very pretty on you!

Essjay23x said...

@Laura, thank you!

All Made Up said...

This looks gorgeous on but I've been avoiding the MAC counter recently cos its a bit out of my price range. I'm wearing Barry M and Revlon lip sticks at the min but reckon i will do a little shopping on saturday for some lip balms cos the cold weather is not being kind to my lips at all! :)

http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

nicoletta said...

Lovely, this is next on my list i think xx

Sara Luxe said...

wow this colour looks so hot !

Essjay23x said...

Thank you everybody. A few weeks later and Impassioned is still a firm favourite of mine. An investment, i think!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...