Wednesday 24 August 2011

Frownies!

Sometimes I think, some things are meant to be.


Take Saturday a couple of weeks ago, I woke up on weekend mode (ie.happy, carefree, almost singing). However, as soon as I looked in the mirror, all my spark quickly ebbed away for there was a great indent on my face. A line (like the Grand Canyon) across the diagonal of my eye area on the left side. It wasn't going anywhere and then when I finally dragged my eyes, from that evil turn, I could also see the faint beginnings of one on the right.

Great. Suddenly there was a need for an anti-aging plan. Ouch! I didn't have a clue where to start but at least three times that day, I came across mentions of a cult product that I'm not sure I've ever heard of before. Certainly one that I've never noticed.

So here they are, the Frownies. I brought mine for £16.35 at Feel Unique.com but I see they are now reduced to £14.75.


This is what the brand have to say (taken from their website here)
'Frownies Patches eliminate signs of unsightly lines deep in the muscles on the face. Plus, they are the only products available dermatologist approved that retrain the muscles below the skin to release the unattractive creases that have developed and to relax into a smooth, natural position.
Frownies do this without any harsh chemicals and since they are changing the shape of the muscle they provide lasting results that continue to improve with continued use.'

So the little patches are supposed to reduce wrinkles while you sleep. They are made up of unbleached natural kraft paper with water activated gum which you moisten and stick on top of your lines before you go to sleep each night. Apparently the patches have been around for over 100 years and are a 'Hollywood Beauty Secret'.



Some people on Make Up Alley (where these patches currently score 4.3 out of 5 with a 86% rebuy stat) claim that their lines disappeared quickly, even over night.

I have to admit I was kind of hoping mine would disappear like that. Yes really, I don't mind if I never ever see them again but alas, it seems I'm going to have to play the game a bit longer to get any results. For I have been wearing them for about four nights now and as of yet, I can not see any obvious improvement but I'll keep at it. Frownies guarantee results in 30 days.



There are 144 patches in my box - I seem to be using about four a night- and they seem to be almost fool proof to use. You cleanse as normal, let your moisturiser sink in and then massage around the badie line(s) for a few seconds before preparing and moistening your patch. You are then supposed to smooth out your line and stick the patch on top to begin its miracle work.

Well, I will finish the box with my fingers crossed. I so hope that I can post a future rave about the work of this product.

Have you used Frownies? What anti-aging tips do you have for me?

X

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...