Monday 9 August 2010

Chezspiration!

Ooh, have you seen Cheryl Cole's new hair?




Love!

Btw, I love the colour of her dress too.

As unoriginal as it may make me, Cheryl is one of my style inspirations.

This image was found through a Google image search. It is from http://anythinghollywood.com/

I have tried a few different tutorials based on Cheryl's look and in celebration of her new hair (and health), I thought that I would share a couple of them with you.




This first one is based on a couple of tutorials on the Barry M website http://www.barrym.com/lookz/. It was one that I wore out (that is why the photo is blurry. Oops, it seems I was not the only one drinking!) so I did tweak it a little to suit me.


This look uses the Barry M dazzledusts.


I used mushroom (51, my favourite dazzledust) on the lid and chocolate to contour (53). You can see I also used a lot of black shadow and liner. I'm sure for once I actually managed to stick a pair of false lashes on (whoo!) but interestingly they are Nadine's and not Cheryl's from the orginal GA lash collection. I think you can see that I tried to wing the shadow and liner out a bit as Cheryl has that cat look going on. I remember it all got a bit messy and as usual when using dazzledusts, I did the eye look before I did the rest of my face (phew). Hmm, dazzledusts are messy but there is something (maybe the dazzle) very starry and glitzy about them!




I have also created a Cheryl look based on a Pixi2Woo tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCVyEHo5AGA. I was trying to see what colours worked together.
This time I used MAC Sable, Jest and Carbon with lots of liner and mascara to make up the eyes pictured above. Tanya used the MAC lipstick, Girl About Town. However I improvised and used another lipstick, Barry M 144. I love this lipstick but I never really wear it. Well, not outside the house. It is such a beautiful, vibrant colour. It is quite classy too. 

Sometimes it can be hard to find a strong pink that does not look too tacky and indeed, lasts. This pink is blue toned and original. It reminds me of a very, very full on Creme de la femme even though they do not look that alike when swatched.


However, there seems to be a some resemblance between them on the lips. 144 is very, very bright but as I've said before, I like it a lot and would like to wear it out and about. However, I still have one problem. Look at my inner lip here.


I painted it but lipstick just doesn't seem to stay in this area and I always end up with these horrible patches. Does anybody else have this problem, what can I do so that I can wear these beautiful colours?

So what do you think of Cheryl's new hair and her look in general? Who are your style inspirations?

X

2 comments:

nicoletta said...

I love cheryl cole too and i have those dazzle dusts. lol x

Essjay23x said...

@nicoletta don't you love mushroom?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...