Tuesday 10 August 2010

My kind of floral!

I know that florals have been all the rage recently but after trying a few on, I came to the conclusion that unless I was on holiday ( or needed a nice pretty background for my blog pics) then they were not for me.





Well after trying this little gem on, I have changed my mind. It is from George at Asda and costs £10. I know the nights are getting darker and autumn already seems to be kicking in so I'm a bit late on this but this floral top looks really pretty with a pair of skinny jeans and flats. I love the two vertical strips at the front, very flattering.


And hurrah, it doesn't cling!

It is also quite low cut so I did buy a size bigger then usual. Huh, a size bigger you might be asking, surely then it will be even more low cut?! Er yep but I can layer it and layering always makes me feel a little more confident.

Oh and I watched a great video  http://www.youtube.com/user/dawndelrusso#p/u/82/tYVmXyzW5aU on wearing florals after purchasing this top. Dawn advises to avoid big flowers, busy patterns or loud colours. I think my top passes on the colour and although my flowers are quite big, there are actually not too many of them and they are well spaced. So they are not exactly in your face. All in all, a top that seems to redeem what I find a 'difficult to wear' trend.

Do you like florals? Are there certain trends you love or hate?



X

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That top is really nice! I always forget about Asda for clothes but I'll be taking a look next time!

3ate4 said...

Not a fan of anything floraly usually but this looks lovely!

Essjay23x said...

@Laura Yep, spotted a few nice things there lately.
@3ate4 Thank you, it does, doesn't it?:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...