Saturday 12 June 2010

Action time!

So I have been doing a lot of talking on my mission lately and maybe not enough applying. I think because my make up collection is now almost adequate (ahem, I do really want to try some more of the Famous range though), I have being less inspired to try things out.


So over the last couple of days, I have been trying to mix it up and try out some different looks. Some of them wearable, some of them not so.

Now my photos are still not great but I am going to show two looks that I created. Both of them are based on tutorials from Pixiwoo.

The first is Sam’s Festival look

See the tutorial here



BASE
Benefit Hollywood Glo (instead of foundation)
Maybelline Peach cream blush

EYES
Sigma Indian Girl Powder shadow (This was a free sample, I can’t decide if it is a grey or brown shadow)
A Rimmel liquid eyeliner
Max Factor Lash Extension Effect mascara

LIPS
Collection 2000 Baby crystal



I had to impromise a little with products. I don’t think that I had any of Sam’s suggested products to hand. Her version seems to appear more bohemium and festival-like then mine but with a proper base, I’m actually quite liking this one for a daytime look. Saying that I will probably keep Hollywood Glo in the mix somewhere. I had forgotten that I had this product and I’m liking it. For a festival, I’d imagine it would be able to hold its own without a base. Also the Sigma eyeshadow was a bit of a revelation, I have heard Sigma make up been slated more then once but this shadow was a pleasant surprise although I can not decide what colour it is. Grey or brown?!


The second look is Nikki’s Christina Aguilera look.

See the tutorial here




BASE
Revlon Photoready Vanilla
MAC Harmony (to contour, no blush)

EYES
RSVP from Benefit (as base and eye highlight)
Rimmel Glitzed eyeshodow (for the lid)
Maybelline Fudge( for the inner socket and then outwards to contour all the way to outer corner and brows)
Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Mascara
A little liquid eyeliner (applied to the roots of upper eyelashes)

LIPS
Rimmel red lip liner (until it broke)
Barry M Cherry Red Lip Laquor Crayon (to line and fill)
Benefit Frenched lipstick



My look ended up as a bit more of a Pin up vintage look rather then a Christina one. Maybe because I had no glitter (for the lips) or false lashes. Nic said that the lashes needed to look spiky so ideally next time I would use my double tubes (messy) mascara but this time I just tried to apply the mascara in very short, jerky movements covering bits of each lash at a time rather then brushing the mascara all the way through. Does that make sense?!

I felt a bit let down by Rimmel when I did this look. Firstly the red crayon type pencil from them snapped when I tried to use it to line my lips and secondly, I just feel that Glitzed (which I have posted about before http://essjay23x.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/rimmel-glitzed/) was struggling to speak for itself. The pigmentation seemed weak and the colour difficult to build.

So what about you? Do you use tutorials on You Tube to try and develop your make up pisazz? What teachers do you recommend?


X

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...