Thursday 24 June 2010

Barry M 53

Back in February Barry M 53 was never a sensible purchase, it just looked so enticing sat on the shelf that it had to come to the till with me.



I know that the orange coral is fated for sunny girls that bear a nice golden glow but I couldn’t help myself. This lipstick is so vibrant, alive and oh so eye catching among the usual pinks and reds. Striking maybe but not really a match for me yet I went and brought it, didn’t I?!

Now it is June and in theory, this lipstick still should not suit me. I am so pale!

Ok, I have been tanning a little with St Moriz (Make Believe next, yay) but it really is only a little and sometimes even with moisturiser so there is little evidence on my pasty skin of my penchant for tanning. A hint of a glow at the very most.


Yet, I think that I can wear 53. There is no mistaking the fact that it is a bright and vibrant orange yet there is a slight shimmer to it which is almost peach and in certain lights, this seems to tone the lippie down a little which is good news for me as this seems to make the electric colour almost wearable.


I have to be careful in application. A full on lipstick application with a harsh outline is never going to work but with soft application and a little gentle rubbing here and there to smooth out the more pigmented areas. I also used a little Erase paste around the lip line area to blur the lip line and merge the two seamlessly (not an easy technique to master, it looked a bit smudgy first like I’d been eating some raspberries_ and ta dah, I have a hint of sunshine about my lips but still look beach ready, pale skin and all.



Benefit Erase Paste



Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturiser mixed with Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect in Apricot



Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Peach Satin



Modellette



Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Mascara



Barry M No53



I would have gone with All That Glitters on the eyes but like I said this lippie has a little shimmer and I want to keep the look simple so I opted for my old favourite, Modellette (very apt because it reminds me of wet sand). I don’t mind shimmer but if I’m going to be outside then I find it can add to that sticky, sweaty look too quickly. Nice!!


I think it is also important if this lipstick is not your perfect match to keep everything else about your look simple. I used just one eyeshadow and a natural mascara. I wore simple, block colours. My outfit had no frills or anything complicated about it. Nothing was too obvious or confusing because if it had been then in a look with Barry M 53, everything could have looked too chaotic and then people would hone in on my look and that lip colour that should not really work for me.

At the end of the day, I like this colour. Surely all that matters is that I am comfortable and happy wearing it. I’m not going to be wearing it to any important formal events but this lippie just gives me that little bit more of a sunny feeling on a day destined for lazing in the garden.

Oh but next time when I dab I may add some vaseline in to the equation as my lips are feeling a little dry. Barry M occasionally seem to produce dry lipsticks. I don’t think that this is too bad. Nor was Barry M 100 and that was drier then this one but then I’m out in the sun with 53 so yeah, vaseline or something might be a good idea!

What lippie do you like to greet the sun with?

X

PS If you get a chance, check out my Share the Love videos on You Tube. There is one for You Tube channels and one for blogs!

4 comments:

nicoletta said...

I like the colour of this, i think the barry m lipsticks are very hit and miss.
I love a bright pink when the sun is shining it instantly makes me look brighter and i keep the rest of my makeup simple xx

Essjay23x said...

Sometimes, there is nothing like a bright pink.
Know what you mean with barry m. Was so disappointed with 101. :)

Kim said...

Hi there! came across your blog and founf it and I was very pleased! hope you could follow me back hun. I wish we had Barry M here in Canada, but we don't. I would love t try the benefit one. Gorgeous blog hun.

Essjay23x said...

Awh,thank you so much Kim. I will check your blog out. Barry M are a very popular brand over here. It is really annoying that some of these products aren't universal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...